This post contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure here.
Guys can be difficult to buy gifts for. Especially when he’s a low-maintenance kind of outdoorsy guy who doesn’t really want or like a lot of “stuff.” If this describes your guy and you are looking for gift ideas for him that he will love, you are in the right place! Get him one of the following useful and awesome gifts, and your active, nature guy will be pleasantly surprised by your adept gift-giving!
Outdoorsy Guy Gift Guide
1. Teton Sports Oasis 1100 2 Liter Hydration Backpack Every outdoorsy guy needs a hydration backpack. This one stores 2 liters of water and has a tube and bite valve, plus has storage space to carry other essentials. Whether he is hiking, fishing, camping, hunting, or exploring, he will stay hydrated with a hydration pack.
2. Leatherman Skeletool Multitool Help your guy be prepared for anything with this pocket-sized multitool. It has a knife, pliers, wire cutter, screwdriver, and a carabiner that doubles as a bottle opener.
3. Yeti Rambler Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler with Lid, 30 oz Yeti is the ultimate in terms of rugged sturdiness. The Rambler keeps ice frozen for hours even in extreme heat. It is sweat-proof on the outside, making it perfect for everyday hydration at work, at home, or on the go.
4. Columbia Sportswear Men’s Blood and Guts Airgill Long Sleeve Shirt This shirt is super practical and versatile enough for every day or for any adventure your guy might go on. It is lightweight, breathable, and has a UPF rating of 50.
5. Lifetime 55 Quart High Performance Cooler If your guy is obsessed with Yeti coolers like mine is, the style of this one may look familiar (at a third of the price!) This Lifetime ice chest keeps cold for 7 days, making it perfect for camping, fishing, or other multi-day excursions.
6. Henschel 5310 Packable Mesh Breezer Hat Outdoorsy guys need a sturdy, lightweight, and breathable hat to keep them cool and shaded. This one is simple and also packable for when he wants to stash it for later. 7. SmartWool Men’s Hike Medium Crew Smartwool socks are great for both hot and cold weather. Because wool naturally wicks wetness away from the body, it is an ideal material for when weather and terrain conditions may be unpredictable.
8. Toogh 3-4 Person Camping Tent 4 Seasons Waterproof Backpack Tents Sun Dome Automatic Pop-Up Outdoor Sports Tent Get your guy a new tent that has room two (or more)! This tent pops up very fast and can hold two queen size air mattresses. It breaks down as quickly as it pops up, and fits neatly into it’s compact carrying bag.
9. Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant Your guy will love the versatility of these pants! They are thin and breathable, wick moisture away, have a UPF rating of 50, and have multiple zipper cargo pockets. But the thing that makes them extra useful is that the legs easily zip off to transform into cargo shorts, which is an ideal feature to have if you are expecting a variety of weather.
10. Bear Grylls Fire Starter Your nature-loving man most likely will love anything from survivalist Bear Grylls. This fire starter is a basic tool to have on hand for anyone who spends time away from civilization.
11. Coghlan’s Ball-Type Pin-On Compass In this day and age, it’s always a bit of a surprise when we suddenly can’t rely on our phones for everything. When you’re off the beaten trail, though, you have to be prepared! This little compass is extra convenient since it clips on to your shirt or your gear, keeping your hands free.
12. All Terrain Herbal Armor DEET-Free Insect Repellent Another essential gear item for anyone spending time outdoors is bug repellant. Depending on the geography where your guy spends his outdoor time, he may need protection from potentially dangerous insects. This one is DEET-free and has natural ingredients including essential oils.
13. Back Country Trail Paper Map Find out where your guy wants to explore on his next adventure and get him a backcountry map (yup, a paper one) of the trails and terrain. Just like we already talked about, you can’t rely on phone service to pull you through when you’re in the middle of the wilderness. (Note: Amazon has an impressive selection of trail maps available. The link below is only one of thousands!)
14. Mosquito Net Your guy will be ready to stay anywhere overnight with a mosquito net. Bug repellant only can work so well, and you need to be able to sleep without being attacked by mosquitoes. He will thank you.
15. Weather-Tech Floor Liners When I asked my husband, the ultimate Outdoorsy Guy, what might be missing from this list, his response was “A Ford F150 truck.” While I do subscribe to the idea that every guy needs a truck, I am going to assume that gift might be a little more than what you have budgeted for. A fantastic alternative is to get him these Weather Tech floor liners for whatever vehicle he does take on his excursions. You have to order them specifically for the year, make, and model of the vehicle because they are perfectly molded to fit the floor. They protect the floor of your vehicle from spills, dirt, mud, melting snow, and anything else nature throws your way.
There you have it! A range of gift ideas for the adventurer in your life, perfect for any special occasion!